Seed safety and biology
Seed treatment should never impact the inherent quality of a seed. The Seed Safety function is devoted to ensuring this remains so. Our experts create diverse seed safety programs covering regionally-specific needs so we can evaluate and limit the potential impact of seed product combinations on seeds. As part of our assurance to customers, all our seed testing protocols are aligned with the major officially-recognized seed-testing organizations globally. Our efforts in this function also involve in-depth investigations into biological interaction to identify positive effects. We do this by selecting the highest quality partner laboratories to deliver full and neutral assessments and data for our customers.
What we do
- Transfer of instructions on recommended use for all Syngenta Seedcare products
- Carry-over testing for different solution combinations by crop
- Customized seed safety programs
- Training in seed safety and biology testing methods
- Customer complaint support
How customers benefit
- Peace of mind when using new solutions and introductions
- Ensures seed treatments do not impact inherent quality of seeds over long periods of storage
- Supports decision points along the seed processing and processing chain
- The whole seed processing chain more aware of the importance of seed quality
- Complaints are investigated and a science-based solution provided.